So, gear up and get riding! Here are resources to help you on your way. Organizations to help get you started:
- Bike Coalition Resource Information
- League of American Bicyclists: promotes cycling for fun, fitness and transportation, and works through advocacy and education for a more bicycle-friendly America
- Bikes Belong: is the national coalition of bicycle suppliers and retailers working together to put more people on bicycles more often.
- Bike Commuter Tips provides general information on commuting
Not sure which path to take?
- Check out: Google Maps – Efficient Commuting With Customized Bicycling Directions
- Discover what kind of bike to ride: What kind of Bike-Curious Are You?
Green Bicycles and Green Bike Products
Green Bike Messenger Bags and Accessories:
Green Bike Panniers:
Organic Energy Bars:
As President Obama’s Recovery Package helps more cities make their infrastructure bicycle friendly, and as Americans look to less expensive, healthier, and more eco friendly ways to get around town, now is the perfect time to adopt a bike commuting lifestyle. Cycling as alternative transpiration can help conserve energy, reduce traffic, reduce carbon emissions, and help to preserve the environment.
Filed under: Uncategorized