Within our eco friendly training, we are often approached by those requesting resources and guidance to incorporate sustainability concepts into their daily living. For most, this desire is sparked by a growth in eco awareness and an interest in saving money. Transportation is an area that addresses both.
Check out the following suggestions to see how you can reduce costs, reduce emissions, and live a sustainable lifestyle.
Increase your fuel economy:
- If you don’t know, find out what mileage your current vehicle gets by visiting the EPA’s Green Vehicle Guide.
- Check out Smartcars
- Upgrade to a hybrid
- Learn more about biodiesel
- Keep your tires properly inflated
- Don’t haul around unnecessary weight
- Get a tune-up
- Be an Eco Driver using EcoDriving Best Practices
- Minimizing aggressive acceleration and braking
- Don’t idle your engine
Consider other transportation:
- Mass transportation: bus/ train
- RideShare Company for Car and Van pooling
- Car sharing Programs like ZipCar
- Ride a bike
- Get rid of your call all together. Donate it to charity Cars for Causes eco friendly training is a sustainable option.
- Purchase carbon offsets from Terrapass to offset your emissions
The most environmental impactful areas of our lives are those that we do by habit. Replacing current behavior with eco friendly alternatives is a place to start. Regarding transportation, changing what you drive and how you drive it can save money and reduce carbon emissions.
Filed under: Uncategorized