- Bring an indoor plant to work. They give your office a little green flair and give oxygen as well as help filter indoor pollutants. Best office plants include: spider plant, jade plant, and the peace lily.
- Recycle at your Desk.
- Get your daily dose of green and Subscribe to Blogs: BestGreenBlogs, Idealbite, and Taiga Company.
- Engage your co-workers with a custom designed Sustainability Plan.
- Showcase messages on your cubicle that promote environmental-friendliness and decorate your desk with earthy and recycled materials and objects. Consider transporting your laptop in a solar powered backpack.
- Put your computer in sleep mode. Do so whenever you are away from the computer for any period of time, including short breaks.
- Go paperless. This is one of the simplest actions you can take, yet it has one of the biggest impacts. Only print those documents you must print. Save paper and print double sided or re-use printer paper.
- Invest in reusable containers and utensils for lunch. Have a reusable coffee mug and glass for drinking. To clean, have available eco aware cleaning products to use.
- Turn off your computer and its power strip whenever you leave for the night.
- Make sure your office switches off its lights at night.
- Eco commute: ride your bicycle, take mass transit, or carpool to work.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (NYSE: CCE) today announced that Edward J. Lopez has been named Chief Diversity Officer, effective November 1. Mr. Lopez will oversee the company’s global diversity initiatives, and will report to Pam Kimmet, Senior Vice President, Human Resources. Previously, he served as Vice President of Public Affairs and Communications for the company.
“With more than 20 years of experience in the legal, public affairs and community relations arenas, Ed will build upon the work Coca-Cola Enterprises has done to ensure diversity remains an integral part of our culture, our approach with our customers, and our Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability commitments,” said John F. Brock, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Through his leadership and expertise, Ed will drive our global diversity strategy to ensure CCE continues to attract, develop and retain a highly talented and diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.”
“From talent acquisition efforts to engaging a wide range of customers, suppliers and community organizations, CCE continues to incorporate diversity and inclusion into our ongoing, daily business operations,” said Ms. Kimmet. “I look forward to the insights Ed will bring to the established infrastructure we have in place at CCE.”
Before joining CCE in 2007, Mr. Lopez served on the New Mexico Governor’s cabinet as Cabinet Secretary and Superintendent of Regulation and Licensing. From 2000 to 2004, he was President of the National Hispanic Cultural Center Foundation’s Board of Trustees. As President and a member of the board, Mr. Lopez led the foundation in identifying, preserving and enhancing Hispanic arts and humanities. He is also active in the community, currently serving on the board for the National Hispanic Child and Family Development Institute. Prior to these roles, he spent 15 years with the Bell Telephone System as corporate counsel and then vice president/general manager of operations in New Mexico.
“Our employees are the foundation of our business,” said Mr. Lopez. “To help us deliver on our vision of being the best beverage sales and customer service company, it is imperative that we provide our employees with a work environment that continues to allow them to achieve their full potential.”
Mr. Lopez received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Michigan State University in East Lansing, and his Juris Doctor from the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque.
Coca-Cola Enterprises is the world’s largest marketer, distributor, and producer of bottle and can liquid nonalcoholic refreshment. CCE sells approximately 80 percent of The Coca-Cola Company’s bottle and can volume in North America and is the sole licensed bottler for products of The Coca-Cola Company in Belgium, continental France, Great Britain, Luxembourg, Monaco, and the Netherlands. For more information about our Company, please visit our website at www.cokecce.com, and for more information about Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at our Company, please visit http://crs.cokecce.com.