One approach to innovation is to wait for it to come to you. Another approach is to seek it out. Such is the case with sustainability. Some get it. Some don’t. What is it that the early adopters of business sustainability get that others are missing?
Specifically, leading organizations are finding ways to address current challenges and transform economic roadblocks into business sustainability opportunities. How are they doing this? Well, as we comment in our business sustainability programs, the universal concepts of business sustainability apply to all businesses, but how they are implemented in a specific business yield unique results. Currently there are several trends continuing to create business and individual opportunity:
• Sustainability is expanding business and entrepreneurship: Described as the next “gold rush”, sustainability is creating opportunity for new ventures and business expansion.
• Creating an incentive for Innovation: Response to sustainability challenges/questions is sparking new ideas and technologies that are creating business opportunities.
• Creating New Market: The exponential growth in consumer demands for more sustainable products is creating new markets for businesses.
• Breaking Down Barriers: Corporate sustainability programs are refining supply chains. New supplier criteria and qualifications are opening doors for new products and more sustainable companies that may not have access before.
• Creating Jobs: Corporate sustainability programs are redefining employee qualifications and creating new skill requirements and positions in business.
By recognizing and taking decisive action, small business and entrepreneurs are creating a competitive advantage over traditional competition. Our sustainability consulting interfaces with businesses seeking to capture the value from business sustainability opportunities. Do you get it? Let us know